Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"You Have 10 Minutes Before I Call The Cops"

As I pulled into my garage after my happy hour, a call from the same number came through.  When I answered there was a guy on the other line asking "Is this Dianne?"

"Yes it is."

"Where are you right now?"

"Who is this?"

"This is your doctor, Dr, Pete Coury, and I have been trying to phone you for hours."  He went on to briefly chastise me for the fact that both my home and cell phones voice mail were both full.  "How close are you to a hospital?"

"One mile."

"You have 10 minutes to get to the ER there; if you aren't there at that time, I'm calling the cops to bring you."

"What's going on?"

"Your hemogloban count should be above 12; yours is under 5.  I'm not sure how you're still functioning but this is very serious and cannot wait.  You have to get to the hospital to be transfused."

ALL RIGHTY THEN...off to the hospital I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment