Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Day the Lights Didn't Go Out

On the weekend of 11/3, I'd been shopping.  I took my time to make sure I didn't overaggravate my system.  But I was exhausted, sweaty, my heart was palpitating and I was seeing stars by the time I got to the check out.  As I left the store, rather than constrict because of the additional light outside, they stayed   w i d e   open.  Everything was washed out.  I couldn't tell the difference between white, sky blue, silver, gold, gray.  I walked out in front of a car who, luckily could see me.  I'm not sure what color that car was but it was apparently part of spectrum I couldn't see.  Freaked out, I loaded my groceries - my hands so shaky I could barely grab them to put them into my car.  And of course my vision was wreaking havoc on me.  I got into the car and sat there with it running trying to decide what to do.  I couldn't see very well, my heart felt like it was burrowing out of my chest, and I was having trouble breathing. 

I did what "stubborn Dianne" would do...drive home.  Ok.  I did wait for the color spectrum to return and for the pounding of my heart to ease.  After dropping my stuff off at home, catching my breath for a few minutes, I met my Dad at an urgent care facility.  After about an hour and a half there, they sent me home with orders for labwork (to be fulfilled on Monday when they reopened) and a bottle of Meclizine for the dizziness.  Hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment