Monday, November 19, 2012

Perspective

So after initially hearing the cytogenetic information from the doctor I went into full melt down.  Just being honest.  It's a lot to deal with when (even if I PLAN to kick AML's butt) I might not make it....I might not be here to watch my kids graduate high school and go on to college, get married, have the grandkids I started talking about the first day I brought Jamie home from the hospital.  I want to be here for all those things and more.  Their first heartbreak (I'll kick their arse!), their first dance, their first date.  I want to be there to celebrate their graduating college, buying their first house, buying their first car.

But right now I just want to be here for my kids a year from now and able to participate in their lives instead of a spectator.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry Di!!. :-(
    If you want some cytogenetic-specific treatment recommendations/guidelines, let me know and I'll email them too you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please, Kim that would be awesome. Could you send to me via my Hotmail account? Thanx!

      Delete
  2. Could you send me the subtype and/or cytogenetic type at kjpatrick46@gmail.com so I can pull the most specific info avaiable?

    Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 18 months later and I am still here! I have an awful cold, but aside from that I'm great!

    ReplyDelete