Monday, November 19, 2012

Just When I Was Enjoying Feeling A Bit Better...

...el doctor paid me a visit and shared the results of my cytogenetics.  The news was both good and bad.  On the good side, genetically speaking, I am likely to respond very well to treatment.  Bodes well considering the Bone Marrow Biopsy scheduled for this Friday where we want blast cells at 0.  On the other hand, genetically speaking, I am more likely to relapse.  So the focus is now more on stem cell transplant than it was before.  I still have to finish this round of chemo, get into remission, and then will have to be transferred to another local (Stanford trained) doctor that works out of the Mayo Clinic doing stem cell transplants.  Not sure what the timeline looks like but once a suitable donor is found, it sounds like it takes a couple of months to complete.  MD Anderson Cancer Center here in Mesa is getting set up to be able to perform such a procedure but they're not there yet.  The option of spending two months in Houston away from my kids, family and other friends was unappealing to say the least.

I WILL FIGHT THIS.  I WILL TRY TO WIN THIS...first for myself, second for my Jamie and Max.

Thanks again, all, for your continued prayers and support over the last couple of weeks.  It's nice to not feel like I'm going through this alone.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment