Saturday, November 24, 2012

Crossing My Fingers, Toes, Etc.


Well, yesterday was the day of my 2nd bone marrow aspiration/biopsy.  Given that I'd already been through it once before I wasn't really worried about the procedure.  Sure, instead of Mary the Nurse Practitioner performing it it was my doctor.  How different could it possibly be?  The first procedure took about 15 min and the worst part was aspirating the fluid - which felt like it was being pulled from my toes and the closer to the surface of my lower back the more painful it got.  I had minimal bruising.  Little soreness. Not a bad experience.  Silly me.

I should have been much more afraid when my doctor said "when you understand the body, you don't need a drill to get to what you need."  Ugh.

It took the good doc ONE HOUR of inserting needles in my hip bones, sawing back and forth, before he finally got what he needed.  It was painful, draining, I have a HUGE hematoma where he did the aspiration/biopsy and I'm sore.  Still...if the results we learn on Tuesday are positive, it will have been worth it.

P.S.  The final results won't be in until Wednesday, but this morning the doc said he took a look at the aspirated fluid and saw NO blasts.  I pray to God he's right because that would be SOOOO awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment