Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Chemo Day 4 Has Arrived!

Boy I hope these treatments are doing what they're supposed to be doing.  I'm praying that in 10 days when we do the next bone marrow biopsy that the % of immature blasts is < 5.  That would make me so happy.  Then we would wait another 14 days and retest.  If the immature blasts continues to be <5%, then it's on to the consolidation phase....one more round of chemo then home to continue the rest of my treatment on an outpatient basis.

If we're not <5%, well its back to another round of chemo.

Thus far, the biggest side effects I'm seeing are being super tired and a depressed appetite.  But I've heard and read that side effects actually occur within a week to 2 weeks following chemo.  THAT'S when those games begin.  So, to my beloved family and friends, I will apologize in advance for any bad behavior, crankiness/bitchiness and/or desire to avoid all.  Remember this is going to be about me...not you...and my only job is to beat this disease.

And THANK YOU all for your continued support and prayers and kind words.  Your hugs, honesty, tears, and time mean the world to me and I hope one day to be able to repay your kindnesses.

Love you.

D

No comments:

Post a Comment