Tuesday, November 13, 2012

When I Was Laid Off...

...there was no fanfare.  Only my boss, who laid me of, the HR lady who was present, and the admin who helped me to box my effects up were aware.  At that moment in time that's the way I wanted it.  No crying. No anger.  I felt sort of relieved because the sword that had dangled above my head at that compay no longer did.  Though I now had to find another job - and I knew I would - I almost felt badly for those who were left behind to deal with the mess management hadn't quite figured out how to address.  I felt sad to leave the company after 22 years because I believed in why it had been established and its founder who is an amazing man even to this day.  I'd grown up there; they'd given me my education and countless opportunities.  I was fortunate to work with some of THE best leaders and staff there could ever be.  I won't ever forget it and the earlier days of my employment there will be the litmus by which future employer candidates will be judged.

No comments:

Post a Comment