Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Those Are Just Small Bumps!

My recovery since transplant hasn't been flawless, but it's been pretty darn close. I've had some very minor brushes with graft versus host and then each case it has responded very well to treatment and gone away and not come back. The most recent problem that I've been dealing with is a small infection I developed in the skin on my back Surrounding a fatty cyst I've had since at least 2000. So I've been on IV antibiotics for the past week and it has responded very well and is pretty much almost a distant memory.

My rockstar status as a patient stands.

Graft versus host: I have had a rash on my back that responded very quickly to prednisone. Unfortunately the prednisone made me feel like I was going out of my mind because it was a high-dose. Thank God they are on the weaning me off prednisone process now and I definitely feel more like me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment