Wednesday, September 25, 2013

A Chance to Reflect

While it is a topic of concern amongst the members of my family, I have chosen to take my kids fall break to go on a trip back east to visit family and friends.  During this trip, I will be doing a lot of driving. I'll get to see family, obviously, and friends, and I will also get a chance to see some things I haven't seen before like Washington DC. I'm really looking forward to the trip and I'm looking forward to the time that I'm going to have with my own head to sort through the things that have to be done now that I am healed. I think I need this. This is a trip I planned to take last fall, but had a feeling the "winds of change" were starting to blow. So I didn't take the trip last year and I'm glad I didn't. Because this is the year that I really think I need it. I'm sorry there are those of you who feel like I don't deserve it, need to take it now or whatever your excuse is. But I'm doing what I need to do for me. And if you look at it from that perspective, I hope you are able to take a step back from your own viewpoint and try to look through a lens that's a little closer to what I am looking through as you pass judgment on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment