Sunday, April 14, 2013

D -5, A Visit w/Kids and A New Room w/A View

Still feeling pretty good with the treatment. The docs upped the dosage to 78 mg from 50 yesterday. One of the nurses joked I was getting my money's worth. Lol. Doc Klein said I WILL lose my hair and that the Bu-Cy regimen isn't as likely to generate the chemo fueled fevers my past regimens have. Numbers are still at healthy levels though they are going down.

The chemo is definitely having an impact on my memory. Yesterday Dr Klein was Dr Stein on the way in and Mr Klein on the way out of my room. I'm sure he's heard worse. Kind of funny tho.

Yesterday my nurse asked if I would be interested in having a room with a window that looks outside vs the Mayo atrium. Like "Duh!" So this evening one of the aids throws open my room door and sees I am not packed. "You're not packed?" Guess not. But now I am in a nice corner room with two windows that look outside.

Got to see my kids and mom/dad/brother earlier. The only time I will get to see my kids during this gig...while my numbers are still normal. Still, it was in a "quiet room" and I had to wear a mask. Max was a bit freaked out by my catheter site. Hopefully he won't remember much of this when he is older.

No comments:

Post a Comment