Saturday, April 20, 2013

D +1...Woo Hoo!

Yesterday's transfusion went well. It was uneventful. My Mom and Dad were both there, a good friend, and my brother arrived just as we wrapped up the transfusion. Aproximately 440M donor cells were transfused. They were kind of surprised as the usual "collection" is less (I think they're used to seeing cells in the 200s).

So now we wait. My nader - or window where my counts are at their lowest following chemo - is between D+5 and +12, or 4/24-5/1. After that, then we should start to see white blood cells, platelets, etc on the increase.

As I was charting out my "+" days on a calendar and after I put a great big ol' star around my +100, found it fitting that it occurs in July... The month the United States celebrates its independence through fireworks. The +100 day is significant in my recovery...

No comments:

Post a Comment