Sunday, April 27, 2014

Recogniton

In the past year I have been blessed to have many incredible people support me thru getting sick and being laid off. Following is a nod to at least some of them. 

Thank you God. I don't understand why u have have tested me so, but do believe there was a purpose. Thank u for weeding those who don't belong in my life out. 

Jamie and Max, my true loves, you have my heart forever and no matter what I will always love you. God blessed me (and your dad) with you!  The last three years have been tough but you guys are such troopers. Jamie, you have such a kind and nurturing heart and disposition.  It isn't fair that you had to help care for me but I appreciate it. Max, I know that if you could have killed the bugs in my blood, you would have.  I hope you both saw how strong and determined momma is and how I don't give up...at the same time I hope neither of you remembers this time well in the future. I am grateful I am the one who got sick rather than you. 

Mom, dad, and Chris.  Thank you for putting your own lives on hold to help care for me, my kids, pets and house. I know it wasn't pleasant or easy.  Mom and dad, I know it must have been hard to think you might lose another of your children so soon.  Chris, my brother, you have done so much for me and my kids and I will never forget it. 

Kav, Irene, and Cathy. I know it was inconvenient, but thank you Kav for keeping our kids when I was hospitalized. I appreciate your love and flexibility. Even today. 

My friends. Diane Watkins and Darlene Landrum for your frequent hospital visits. I so looked forward to them when I was cooped up. Julius Tavernaro, you were so thoughtful in bringing me movies and a laptop to watch them on. And hot teas. Angelica, thank you for lending me your notebook.  Sharon Sirotnak and mom for your kind words and thoughtfulness. Sandra, your continued health is an inspiration. Nikol, your notes and calls meant so much to me and I will keep that sushi card as long as I live. Please don't follow in these footsteps...babies and boyfriends/husbands were enough. Kathleen, thank you for thinking of me in last year's Relay for Life. Laura and Theresa and Maja your visits uplifted me. Troy you were there when my diagnosis was confirmed, and got to see me first cry and then resolve to beat my AML. And you were there the day I received my transplant.  And, sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but I have the best neighbors in the world. Special thanks to the Stevens, Forsgrens, and  Shades families as well as Tom and Dianna. Thank you one and all. 

Uncle Lou, Uncle Dick and Aunt Muriel, Aunt Mary, cousins Lori, Beverly and Gregg. Cousin Deanna. Thanks so much for bringing a dose of levity and laughter at a time it was so needed. Aunt Melissa, thank you for the direct line to the convent!

Buddy, Sosa, Ginger, Bella, Winter and Jackson. My pets. Sorry mommy has been less available to you emotionally. I am working on it!

My extended family at MD Anderson for taking such good care of me. Mary Peterson, Stacey Heyduke, Deb Saleen, Nena, Margot, Noelle, Brian, Gulnar, Jessica, Kayla, Beth Chapman, Sarah, Sonia Juanita, and so many others helped me get THIS far.  Beth, Thank you for crying with me during that first biopsy. Thanks to Dr Slack at Mayo Clinic for getting me through transplant. Dr Ulrickson at MD Anderson for getting me to this point post transplant.  And Dr Klupelberg for getting me to transplant. 

I am sure I have forgotten many people. Know that I love and appreciate you all - whether you are named here or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment